I am a licensed clinical psychologist with a private practice at The Feeling Good Institute
in Mountain View, CA. I provide psychotherapy for young adults and adults. I work with a wide range of emotional and interpersonal difficulties. Some of my areas of specialization include low self-esteem, anxiety, panic and disordered eating. I am a Level Three Certified TEAM-CBT therapist, which means I have extensive training in a cutting edge CBT based treatment approach developed by David Burns, MD at Stanford University.
My overall aim is to help you be authentic and comfortable in your own skin…to be able to know what’s right for you and to make healthy decisions for yourself. My goal is to provide a warm, non-judgmental space to help you explore your concerns and work with you to achieve your goals. I enjoy working with ethnically and culturally diverse backgrounds and welcome incorporating cultural identity into my practice. I believe in tailoring treatment for each person.
Models of therapy that I draw from include:
- TEAM psychotherapy – a CBT based treatment approach developed by David Burns, MD at Stanford University
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Prolonged Exposure
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- American Psychological Association
- Santa Clara Psychological Association
- California Psychological Association
- Northern California CBT Network
- Association for Contextual Behavioral Sciences
Education and Training
I completed my Masters and Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at Palo Alto University, an APA accredited University. My training spans across a wide range of clinical settings including the Palo Alto Veterans Administration, Kaiser Permanente Department of Adult Psychiatry, Kaiser Permanente Chemical Dependency Recovery Program, the Early Intervention Trauma Clinic, and outpatient mental health clinics.
My research includes early intervention in trauma survivors, guilt-related cognitions and evidence-based treatments for trauma. I have assisted in clinical research for several projects looking at social constraints, social support and PTSD, prolonged exposure and PTSD recovery, as well as spiritually and recovery from substance abuse.